Sunday, June 26, 2016

It's That Time Again

Yes, I realize this novel, my fifth, has taken longer to complete than all the others (except The Night Train, my first, which took a lifetime), and I thank all of you who have patiently nudged me onward. Knowing I have readers who want that next book is one of the things that motivates me to keep up this grueling (though enjoyable) process.

Temple's Ghost is different for me. It's the first of my books not set in the South, hence the absence of southern dialect. Don't worry, I have not abandoned my roots. I'm simply trying to branch out as an author. Writing Temple's Ghost proved to be an enjoyable challenge, and one I sincerely hope you enjoy reading.

Before you ask about setting, let me admit up front that I don't know where the story takes place. Echo City is a fictional town located a hard day's drive from New York City. A handful of hours south of Detroit. I've honestly never tried to pinpoint it any closer than that because it doesn't matter. Echo City could be anywhere.

This week I released Temple's Ghost in e-book formats on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords (which distributes it to Apple, Kobo, and a host of other sites). The paperback version is in the review process and, assuming I find no issues with the proof I should receive in the mail next week, will be available by the end of June (today is June 26, 2016).

Releasing a new novel is a bit like standing naked in front of a crowded room, so here I stand, awaiting your reaction. It gets easier each time I do it, though, and that's because I have the best readers in the world.

If your local library or bookstore doesn't carry the paperback version of my books, please ask them to.

As always, I invite you to like my Facebook Page and visit my website regularly for the latest news and information.


2 comments:

  1. Naked is a good look for any well-healed author such as yourself. Makes the readers wipe their glasses off, and then by the book! Good luck, my friend. I'll be getting my copy from a euro-site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mark. Hope you enjoy the book. No comment on that first sentence, though.

    ReplyDelete